Friday, September 27, 2013

You've Got Questions?

He's Got Answers...It's Alright Not to Fight

Questions
I like to be right and know all the answers to questions my friends have.  But I find myself trying to figure out the reasons why some people act the way they do, creating difficult situations for me or my family, and just seem to be a thorn in my side.  In my mind, I run the gamut of questions:
  • Why is this person treating me like this?
  • What did I do to make them act this way?
  • What could I have done differently?
  • Is it me or them that is behind their behavior?
The truth is, I don't have to know the answers to these questions.  My human side definitely wants to know if this is my fault and what my role was in creating this tension that has developed.  But the Word says: 
  • "The Lord will fight for you and you shall hold your peace" (Exodus 14:14) 
  • "The Lord your God, who goes before you, He will fight for you, according to all He did for you in Egypt before your eyes" (Deuteronomy 1:30) 
  • "They will fight against you, but they shall not prevails against you.  For I am with you, says the Lord, to deliver you" (Jeremiah 1:19)

So while my fleshly being tries desperately to figure out all the Whys and How Comes, my spirit has peace because I know that, as much as I'd like to fight, the battle belongs to the Lord!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment