Sunday, January 6, 2013

One Word...

Do you know that "one word" from God can change your life?  "One word"  from another person can hurt or support or love or edify or bring back a memory?  My friend Melanie over at Only A Breath felt the Lord leading her to make "one word" buttons for bloggers.  Melanie got the idea from Alece at OneWord365.com who choose one word to focus on for the year rather than a bunch of New Year's resolutions that often didn't stick.

MY "One Word" this year is: IMAGINE!

Imagine what you can do when you set your creative mind free to be used wholly for the Lord's purpose!  Imagine what you can accomplish for the Kingdom!  Imagine your best year yet!  Imagine a new financial level!  Imagine the greatest passions the Lord has given you being used to impact others!  Imagine how God is going to change you in 2013!  I imagine all the books I plan to write being written AND published!  IMAGINE!!
 

 Now this "one word" is the one I personally chose, but you can use it, too!  Or you may think, "I want a different word," or "The Lord is leading me to choose another word to focus on for the year!" That's FINE!  In fact, I encourage you to seek the Lord when choosing your "one word"!
My first choice was different, but I felt the Lord leading me back to IMAGINE!  My first word was actually PASSION.  I tried to make it go and fit, but I kept hearing the word IMAGINE!  You know, the Lord used that very word throughout Scripture.  It was used to mean: consider, conceive, purpose, thought, regard, and meditate!  These are all things I want to do in 2013 because I know that if I can conceive of my purpose and will meditate on it, the Lord will grant it!!

Allow the Father to speak to you because He knows what you want, need, and desire, and HE will tell you the right word for YOU!  Write it down!  Make your "one word" clear and focus on it as you go about your days in 2013!
Habakkuk 2:2 says, "Write the vision and make it plain on tablets,that he may run who reads it" (NKJV).  So write your word down so you can see it, remember it, meditate on the WORD even when you are on the go!

My challenge to you is to choose YOUR "one word" and tell us about it, and if you would like, why you chose it!  I can't wait to see all the wonderful words the Lord is giving us to use this year!!!

If you are interested in getting your own "one word" button from Melanie, visit her Website linked above!!

Just IMAGINE what the New Year holds for us...



No comments:

Post a Comment