Monday, October 7, 2013

Sharing Jesus with Others

When Opportunities to Talk About God Arise

When I was growing up, I thought that it was the job of every Christian to meet a stranger, share Jesus, lead that person to the Lord right then and there, and bring them to church.  Did anyone else share that experience in life? 
(C) Tomstuart.org
What I didn't realize was that sometimes God uses us as vessels to plant seeds into the lives of other people, praying with them and talking to them about the Lord.  He also uses us to nourish seeds already planted (ministering to those who believe, but haven't accepted Jesus), and to bring in the harvest (lead the lost to Christ through the salvation prayer).  
One of my favorite examples of this is in Amos 9:13:

“The days are coming,” declares the Lord,
“when the reaper will be overtaken by the plowman
and the planter by the one treading grapes.

Until I read this verse, I thought I had to do it all.  But I don't!  And neither do you.  Sometimes the Lord may make a way for all these things to happen in a person, but if not, that doesn't mean you didn't do your job.  Some are plowman, some planters, some reapers and some tread the grapes.  Just remember that our first job is to tell others about Jesus.  Let the Lord guide you as to how the rest of the adventure is to unfold!

Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment