Monday, February 24, 2014

Ecclesiastes: 8 Weeks of Discovering Time

To Everything...

I am reading through Ecclesiastes chapter 3 for the next 8 weeks. You've probably heard the Scripture or no doubt the famous song. But I wanted to research and explore more about this important and timely (pun intended!) Word from the Lord.
This week I'm looking at Ecclesiastes 3:1:
To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven.

I've been thinking about the seasons we go through in life. For me, I went through a season of living life as a victim before I chose to be a victor, briefly of teenage and single parenthood, then I became a wife and went through a season of littles that I was homeschooling. I went through a season of depression that with the Lord's help I was able to snap out of, and now I enter a new season of being friends with my adult children and being a grandmother to their children!
Some of the things I went through were based on decisions I made myself that strayed from the paln God had for me. They took me off course, but the Lord is faithful and worked even my failures for good and to get me back on the original path He had for my life.
One thing I realize now is that because I went through certain things in my life, I am able to offer compassion and understanding, true understanding, of the situations other women are faced with. I can offer them hope through the redeeming power of the Lord and show them that living their lives wholly for the Lord can and will turn their negative experiences into good, too.
When I look back, I can see that there was a purpose for me going through the many things I have because God has always had a purpose for me and my life!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment