Monday, July 13, 2015

Have You Stopped Running the Race?

This past week I began noticing that I have been neglecting my dream of writing books. I've been letting other things creep in and steal that time I should be writing or distract me from even thinking about writing. These books aren't going to write themselves! It started me thinking about other things that I've lost sight of. What things have I let something distract me from? Who hasn't heard what I have to say about the Lord because I was off in Facebookland? 

Paul says in Philippians 3:14 "...I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward--to Jesus. I'm off and running and I'm not turning back. (The Message). The next first begins, "So let's keep focused on that goal..." WOW! When did I stop racing toward my goal??

Dreams, goals and visions are all part of God's plan for our lives. That thing you keep coming back to in life, like using your hands to build, sculpt, create, draw, write or being around a particular group of people like children, the elderly or teens, the desire to travel and learn about other cultures, those things are put into us, maybe even woven into our DNA by God, so that the passion for that thing would burn so deeply in us that we can't help but lean toward it and strive to do it!

The thing about a race is that even if you stop, you can start running again as long as time doesn't run out! We're still able to kick it up and take off racing to the goal!

What dreams or goals have you lost focus of? Begin to seek the Lord this week and ask Him to burn in you that desire to do that thing He put in you to do! If you aren't sure what His dreams and goals are for you, ask Him to reveal that to you. After all, He is the revealer of secrets...


Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment