Monday, October 24, 2016

Praise Him in All Things...But Do We?

I had a situation arise a few weeks ago that left me feeling angry. I wanted to hold on to that feeling for awhile, though I'm not really sure why. I couldn't see why the Lord was allowing this to happen, why I was made to go through this situation. It was such an intense feeling that I felt my arms tightening, my hands curling into fists, and could even tell my face had changed in appearance as I thought about the circumstance. And as often happens when I begin to get angry, I was overcome with tears...

I knew that wasn't something God wanted me to dwell on, but I was having a difficult time shaking the feelings I was having. I wasn't praising Him in this situation at all! I knew something had to change, and I was the one who had to change it.

I turned to the Word of God for my answers. First, I began saying over and over, "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus..." Then I turned to Romans 8:28. It says "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose" (NKJV). Finally, I meditated on First Thessalonians:



While I may not like what I am going through, I may not feel like praising God in this storm, and I may begin to be filled with anger, that simply isn't His will for me! I have to make a point of turning to the Word to find the answers I'm looking for knowing that God has my best interest in mind, knowing His peace is all I need in this situation.

Whatever you're facing today, whatever storms are tossing you about, remember to thank Him and praise Him keeping a cheerful heart. We aren't ignoring our problems. We're just turning them over to the Father to handle on our behalf!



Have a blessed week!

Lyn~



No comments:

Post a Comment