Thursday, April 4, 2013

Stolen Dreams

Dream Stealers:                                                                        What Are They and How Can You Get Your Vision Back?

What did you dream of doing or being when you grew up?  Do you remember?  As I've shared before, I used to pretend I was a famous writer and a television news anchor!  You may be thinking, "Oh, sure!  She remembers and now that is just what she's doing!  Why can't I be like that?"  
Well, let me encourage you with this:  I didn't remember that I pretended to be a writer when I was little!  I was reading a devotion and the topic was dreams, like what you dreamed of being in life.  I seriously couldn't remember much of what I played except school and Swiss Family Robinson with my sister and some neighbor kids.  
I began to seek the Lord in this area asking Him, "Bring back to my memory those dreams I had as a child, Lord."  You know, that's just what He did!  Memories of playing television news came flooding back and so did all the times I had spent writing for the joy of it--four years in high school of scripts and books were immediately thrust into my memories.  Now that I know my dream and I'm striving for it, I have to protect it to keep it from being stolen.

You know the Scripture says in John 10:10, "The enemy comes to kill, steal, and destroy.  But I've come to give you life and life more abundantly."  Satan continually tries to steal our dreams and visions.  How does he do that, you're wondering.  By stealing our time, our money, our friends and network of support people, by lying to us (telling us we can't possibly follow through with our dreams or telling us we aren't worthy of accomplishing them), by stealing our health so that it looks as though we can't do things, and a wealth of other ways that we simply brush off.  We get up late so we end up with less time to write or our paycheck is short or there is a misunderstanding between friends.  And the lies we hear!  We shouldn't listen to the Father of Lies!  He's stealing our dreams!!

Listen to what the Father says about us:  I am the righteousness of God in Christ; I am no longer a slave but an heir and if an heir then a child of God; I am blessed; everything I put my hands to prospers; I am joint heirs with Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment