Friday, November 6, 2015

Friday 'Fess Up

This week, was less hurried for me than previous weeks. I simply attended a creative meeting at church instead of my usual youth organization meeting. I began to think that maybe that was a sign that I shouldn't be doing the youth organization any more. Maybe I had finally taken on more than I could do. And you know what? That's true! I have taken on more than I can do on my own.

But God is my life preserver. He is waiting for me to just give it all to Him and let go. I can't do anything in life in my own strength. The Word says, "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit. Apart from me you can do nothing" (John 15:5).
You see, no matter how much I try to accomplish all these tasks and do all I can, giving 100% of myself, I will fail without God. He knows the more we try to take on and do ourselves, the more likely we are to burn out and make things worse in our lives. He wants us to lean on Him, fellowshipping with Him and asking Him to help us succeed.

Remember that God wants to be involved in our lives. He's just waiting for us to invite Him in! What have you been trying to do on your own? What have you still not given to the Lord? Give it to Him today!



Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment