Monday, April 8, 2019

Breathe Life Back Into Your Dreams

If you don't know already, I love to write! I'll write anything (almost!). Quippy responses to social media comments, fun questions, poetry, short stories, novels, even a blog! What you may or may not know is that I wrote and published a novel over 5 years ago. And still another little secret is that I wrote two more novels after that! Those last two, however, have yet to be published. 

Editing is tough and raw and revealing and emotional and so many other things. But, to be honest, I was afraid to publish these next two books. They are the final components in a 3-part series of fiction stories based in Dissonance, Wyoming, my fictional town just north of Cheyenne. Creating scenes is easy for me. I can clearly see the action playing out as though I'm watching a movie! But to get all the details just right so my readers can follow through? That can be difficult. 

This month, though, I'm dusting off those two stories and looking over them again! I'm tired of being afraid of what others might think! I'm done with wondering if I'm a good enough writer, if my stories are interesting, or if critics will tear my characters apart finding inconsistencies and an elementary level reading at best. 

I know God gave me a desire and talent to write creative, fun, engaging, action-packed stories, and I don't want to stand at the end of my life and know that I quit because I didn't trust God to know what He was doing with me and through me! And I'm done listening to the lies Satan has been telling me about my writing! 

I am creative. I have a talent for writing. I can say things in a way that was meant to reach even one person, and I'm not going to sit on my talent like an old cushion on a couch! NO! I'm taking my dreams back starting TODAY!

Can you relate to these feelings? Have you pushed a dream back because you listened to the lies that you couldn't possibly do that thing you've always dreamed of or that you wouldn't amount to a hill of beans? Just stop! 


What dreams are you ready to breathe life back into? I'd love for you to share!


Lyn~
Come for the journey, stay for the friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment