Monday, April 29, 2019

Hear the Word again...for the first time!

This past week, I was feeling overwhelmed by upcoming events. A big formal banquet with the youth organization I work with, my mom's knee replacement surgery, caring for her post-op, vet visits for my pups, my middle son's induction into the honor society at his college, a big praise and worship night at church, caring for some of my grandchildren, and ending with next Monday when my second oldest son will be heading to Boot Camp in Georgia! Just glancing over all of that, I feel those same overwhelming thoughts creeping back in...
But yesterday during our discipleship classes at church, I was reminded of a verse I have read, recited, and meditated on several times in the past. It was the perfect verse for ALL that is coming up for me this week!


That verse just popped right out at me! And then, it made me stop and think. Why am I worrying about what is coming up?! I've got enough to think about for today. As a matter of fact, I forgot something I was supposed to do yesterday because I was so focused on the rest of the week and not living in the moment of TODAY!

You may have read a particular Scripture over and over and over again. But when the Lord wants to teach you or show you something in that verse, it's like you're seeing it with new eyes, hearing it again for the first time!

What's a verse that you've heard and one moment it made a world of difference or you saw or heard it differently? I'd love for you to share!!


~Lyn
Come for the journey, stay for the friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment