Monday, May 20, 2019

Got Attitude?

I try to be fairly transparent with you all, and today is not going to be any different. In the past, I might have made this one of my "Friday 'Fess Up" posts. But I feel it worth putting out there today!

This past week, I've had a bad attitude. Some events transpired, and I felt as though I deserved more than what I was getting. Anyone else ever feel that way? 
"How come he gets this and I don't?" or "It's not fair! I'm in a higher position! I should be the one getting that!" or my own personal whine, "I'm the mom! I deserve to get that!" Can anyone relate?

Well, the Lord began speaking to me in my bad attitude. He said, "You have a choice. You can sit there with your 'attitude pants' on OR you can change your attitude and the way you're thinking!" What if I were to look at things differently? What if instead of being jealous that I wasn't getting something I thought I should be getting, I turned my attitude around and thanked the Lord for what He is doing in those people through those events?

You see, each of us are responsible for our own actions, thoughts, and feelings. 
In 2 Corinthians 10:5, Paul tells us that our weapons in warfare are not physical, but mighty in the Lord to pull down strongholds, arguments, anything that is against the knowledge of God, and for bringing every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.


And finally, in Philippians 2:5, it says that "You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had." WOW! He was in a similar situation that I was and worse! But Jesus never said, "It's not fair!" or "I'm the Savior Jesus! I deserve to get better!" No, Jesus simply did what the Father asked of Him. 

We are the only ones who can decide what we do with our thoughts and our attitudes! We can sit and sulk and have a pity party and stop focusing on the Word, or we can take our thoughts captive, pray for good things for those who are getting what we think we are owed, and we can start agreeing with what God  and the Scriptures say!

Have you been in a similar situation with similar feelings and thoughts? I'd love for you to share!



~Lyn
Come for the journey, stay for the friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment