Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Who's working it out? God? or YOU?!

This week has been so exciting for me!  I got a job doing things I really enjoy: meeting new people; talking about a cell phone company I am particularly fond of; and getting to help (my husband in particular!) support our family.  When my husband and I began talking about me possibly getting a job, we discussed many aspects of what would have to come together to make that a real possibility.  The hours could not interfere with my homeschooling our children, the travel distance would have to be relatively close (A feat in itself since we live at least 20 miles from ANYTHING!), and the pay would have to be more than enough to cover my new gas bill and my husband's gas requirement to make it that much more effective.
Those following me on Facebook know that I had a job interview last week, and yesterday I signed all my paperwork.  Today, I received notice of my hours for the next several weeks and the times are literally perfect for us!  Plus, a preplanned vacation is already scheduled to be taken off as we enter the holiday selling season.  As I went into the interview last week, I knew the things my husband and I had been discussing would have to come together if I were to accept the position.  In God's perfect plan and timing, everything has worked out BETTER than I could have imagined! 
I am feeling so overwhelmingly blessed tonight, and I give God all the praise and glory for working all this out to our specific requirements and requests to Him!  Thinking back, I have to realize that none of this occurred because of things that I did to make it all work out for me.  The Word says Jesus is the vine and we are the branches.  With Him we will produce much fruit, but apart from Him, we can do nothing (John 15:5).  I think when I try to plan everything out myself and workout payment arrangements, for example, that the favor of the Lord goes before me.  I believe that because in these crazy economic times, it has to be God working it out through the people I talk to; everyone wants their money owed to them yesterday!  Remember just who it is that is working all things to your good and His glory next time you think YOU worked that out well!!
"I'm speaking to you out of deep gratitude for all that God has given me, and especially as I have responsibilities in relation to you. Living then, as every one of you does, in pure grace, it's important that you not misinterpret yourselves as people who are bringing this goodness to God. No, God brings it all to you. The only accurate way to understand ourselves is by what God is and by what he does for us, not by what we are and what we do for him."--Romans 12:3 (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment