Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thanksgiving...

Today, our pastor asked the congregation what we were thankful for, and he was met with a variety of answers.  The interesting thing was that while everyone thought about family, friends, homes, food, God's provision and a few material things, nearly everyone asked failed to mention being thankful for Jesus!  I must admit, I was in that group who didn't give it a thought!!  I love the Lord with all my heart, I desire to do His will in my life and go where He leads me, but I caught myself taking for granted the sacrifice of Jesus' death on the cross, His love for me, His provision for me and most of all my own salvation in Him!
This week, as you sit around the table or stroll around the block for a family walk, search your heart and see what things you might unknowingly be taking for granted.  Then give thanks for those things...the Scriptures say:  Give THANKS with a grateful heart...give THANKS to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever...give THANKS in all circumstances for this is the will of God for you!
I am thankful for all my sisters and brothers in Jesus and for the ability to FREELY share the Word of God with others...I am thankful for the ability to speak and for the Lord giving me a spirit of power, of love and of sound mind to boldly tell others of the love of God for them!!
Have a BLESSED and THANKFUL holiday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment