Wednesday, November 30, 2011

That's the plan...

When my husband and I moved our family from Colorado to Florida this past January, we had plans for returning for the remainder of our things, plans for coming back to Colorado to visit family and friends and plans for me to attend my sister's college graduation.  Things that WE plan, don't always go accordingly...
Feeling oh, so homesick today...missing my kids, missing my sis, incredibly disappointed that I'll be missing her graduation from college!!!  I want coffee, I want chocolate, but neither of those things will fill the empty place I have in my heart...Someone told me I'm the rock in my family, but today I feel more like a melting iceberg, slowly losing sight of what I used to be...
The only thing that can sustain me and bring me back is the never ending, never ceasing love of the Lord for me.  HIS plans for my life are far better than I could ever imagine, think or hope and HIS ways are better than my ways by far ANY day!  It's these times that we need to draw near not only to the Lord but to our brothers and sisters in Christ.  For they are our strength and support in our times of need.  God puts people in our lives for a reason, as season or a lifetime...He put them there for us to lean on when we lacked the strength ourselves and when He knew we would need them to make it through trying times.  Do not forsake the assembling of my people, He says.  We NEED fellowship and we NEED to be with other Christians to get through trials and tough times. 
Don't be afraid to reach out to those people God has put in your life...He knew you would need them one day and HE planned for it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment