Monday, April 7, 2014

Book Review: AHA by Kyle Idleman

That moment when everything just seems to make sense. That moment when you know your purpose in life. That moment when you know what God created you to do and you decide once and for all to ACT. That is what Kyle Idleman’s book is all about.

When I read a book, I usually read the back cover to get an idea of what to expect. I did that with this book, too. But it was far deeper than anything the description revealed. What I learned was more about myself, where I’m at in my walk with the Lord and what it will take to move to a place of action in doing just what the Lord created me to do in life!
What I both liked and found uncomfortable was the “talking to yourself” section. It was difficult to be honest with myself that I had spent more time on Facebook than in prayer or that I spent more money eating out than advancing the Kingdom of God or that I couldn’t remember the last time I cried over my own sin. These are tough things to evaluate about ourselves, but Idleman doesn’t merely leave us there in a state of regret and being ashamed. He shows us how to get to our own “AHA” moment, from realization or awakening, to brutal honesty, and finally to move into that action state of doing things for God’s glory.

A wonderfully gentle and compelling teaching on going from realizing we need to act, being honest with where we are and actually getting up and acting rather than continuing to stand and talk about doing something. A great motivational book for those who know there is more than where they are at now in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment