Friday, June 3, 2016

Friday 'Fess Up

Do you remember the song "Belle" from "Disney's Beauty and the Beast"? There's a line in that song that the character Belle sings:

"Every morning just the same, since the morning that we came to this poor provincial town."

My confession today is that I'm feeling a bit like Belle. Every morning just the same...

Sure, I have errands to run, meetings to attend, meals to make, but for the most part, I feel like every day is like the one before. I get up, read my devotion for the day, have one of the kids unload the dishwasher, make breakfast, feed the dogs, work on school, update my clients' social media pages, make lunch, let the dogs outside, work on the things associated with the youth organization I work with, think about what to make for dinner, feed the dogs, make dinner, load and run the dishwasher, shower, check social media once more, get in bed, check emails once more and actually go to sleep, most likely watching NCIS. Does anyone else have a similar experience with your days?

I'm done with having every morning being just the same! So today, I'm going change it up. I'm going to start doing something every day that points me in the direction of my goals on my vision board! I wanted to travel more this year, so:

  •  I'm taking a road trip next week with my sister to Ohio. 
  • The next week my husband and I are going to Nebraska to visit our son, daughter-in-law, and two of our grandsons.  
  • At the end of July, I'm taking a road trip to California with my bestie and her kids. 
  • In September I'm driving my family to Florida for a birthday celebration for my mom (she's turning 70!) and my middle daughter (she's turning 21!). 
  • Then in October, we're taking another road trip with a wonderful group of ladies to Fort Worth, Texas for a women's conference! 


I'm certain those days won't be anything like the ones before!

If you're tired of the "same thing, different day" scenario in your life, I want to encourage you to find something new to add into your daily routine, to propel you closer to your vision, and to allow God to create adventure in your life! Remember, the plans He has for you are for good and not evil; to prosper you, give you a hope and an expected end (Jeremiah 29:11). I promise you, if you ask the Lord to bring adventure into your life, to make it something to look forward to everyday and not the same, old thing, HE WILL!

Have a blessed weekend!!


Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment