Monday, September 14, 2015

But in everything...

Last night, our church celebrated Rosh Hashanah and the Feast of Trumpets. It was an exciting and moving time as we lifted up Israel in prayer. It was also a motivating time for me. I want to do what the Lord has called me to do! I want to be found on the day of His return immersed in work for the Kingdom of God. Recently, though, I've been feeling conflicted with just what that is.

I thrive on doing social media posts, writing, sharing information, meeting and talking to people, and educating my children. I know I have a calling to write, minister to women, and work with youth. So how does all this fit together? How can I accomplish all of this myself?

The answer, surprisingly, is that I can't!


I can't know from my own knowledge which door to walk through, which "job" is the right one for me to accept, or what group to work with. I can approach each door in prayer, though. 

You may find yourself in a similar situation. Maybe you have some decisions to make, and, like me, you want to make the "right" decision for you, your family, and most importantly, for God. You may feel as though you aren't hearing from Him on which route to take. That's okay for now. Just pray about each opportunity and ask Him to open the right doors at the right time so that you know it was Him. I can assure you that if you seek Him, He will not abandon you, leave you in the dark, or be silent. 

The Word says, "This is the confidence we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him" (1 John 5:14-15, NKJV). Let's boldly ask in prayer for the Lord to reveal to us His plans, His path for our open opportunities, and be found doing what He has assigned us for His Kingdom!


Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment