Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Write the Vision: Beginning 2019 With A Dream!

If you've read my blog for any amount of time, you know that I am passionate about vision boards! What I think I might be even more passionate about, though, is the process we take in order to create our boards: dreaming!

Dreaming has always been a part of God showing His people the good things to come in their lives, right? Jacob dreamed of an angel speaking to him when his uncle Laban deceived him. This dream led to Jacob being instructed to take only the speckled and streaked and grey-spotted flocks. The Lord spoke to Joseph, Jacob's favorite son, in dreams also, and to the baker and butler and the Pharaoh. God spoke to Daniel and to the king, and Joseph, Jesus' father, too! Dreaming is a way God shows us things we can't quite comprehend or understand how they will come to pass.



And so for the next 14 days, I want you to commit to spending quiet time with the Lord. Ask Him to show you what He has for you this year. No matter how crazy or impossible what you see or envision may be, I want you to write it down! Just start off with 5 minutes of sitting and listening to the Lord. Maybe He will keep you there a little longer or not for the full 5 minutes, but commit to spending that time with Him. Can you do that with me?


If you feel like it, I'd love for you to share what the Lord has been saying to you!


~Lyn
Come for the journey, stay for the friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment