Friday, November 25, 2016

Friday 'Fess Up

Over the years, I've gathered a lot of family traditions. Every year on our birthday, I go to be an all-day guest at the school my twin sister teaches at. It's a great time of confusing her students. Our family goes up to a local town in the mountains just like my step-dad used to do with all of us. We go to family reunions in June and September. Road trips in October to our favorite event in Texas--Icing! And my sister and I (along with some of our daughters!) always go Black Friday shopping. This will be our 15th year, too!

But my confession today is this...we get up as early as 3 a.m., head out to the mall or other stores--and RARELY make any purchases!! That's right! We go out, drive around in the cold (until the car warms up anyway), walk around the crowded stores, and hardly ever buy anything! You see, for us, it isn't about finding the great deals, checking off things for loved ones from their Christmas lists, or getting that hard-to-find gift. It's about spending time together. It's about having that time to fellowship, to laugh, to be silly, and to enjoy being with the girls.




What fun traditions do you have for the holidays?


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!


Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment