Monday, October 23, 2017

Starting the Week Off Right!

Good morning! How was your weekend? I hope your decluttering list wasn't too intimidating for you last week. Remember, just take one day at a time. This week we will begin with decluttering our first room! Are you excited? Scared? Wondering what lost things you might actually find? I know the feeling well. Just take one room, one area at a time!

As we prepare to declutter our homes, I want to share with you how I get ready to do all that needs to be done each day. Are you ready? It's my daily routine! My daily routine is not going to look like yours at all, so please keep that in mind. My routine does have some similar components to every successful person's routine, though! I get up after a good night's sleep, make breakfast, do my daily devotion, make the bed, exercise, and get dressed for the day. That's my routine in a nutshell. In reality, it looks more like this:


  • Licked awake by hungry puppies (2...Chihuahuas who are 2 years old!)
  • Let puppies outside while I get their breakfast ready
  • Let puppies in to eat
  • Load dishwasher
  • Let puppies back outside after they eat
  • Make my nutrient dense shake
  • Let puppies back inside
  • Turn off porch light before heading back upstairs
  • Read devotions
  • Do my workout for the day (sometimes twice a day!)
  • Make my bed
  • Shower
  • Get dressed for the day
  • Take care of business items (respond to emails, write blog posts, contact clients/customers, etc.)


All of this I do between 7 a.m. and 8:30 a.m.! In the midst of all of that chaos at the start of the day, five things help me start the day off right: get a good night's sleep, eat breakfast, exercise, daily devotions, and getting dressed. It might seem pretty simple, but for some people, getting all five items done every day is quite the feat. If you will commit to doing those five things every day, I know you will be more productive, have more energy, and be more successful in your decluttering goals.


Start the week off right!


Lyn~



No comments:

Post a Comment