Friday, February 10, 2023

Living Passionately

Recently, I have been thinking about times in my life that I felt most like I was walking in the favor of the Lord, living out my calling, or satisfied and complete. For the past few years, I honestly haven't felt as though I was living out my calling, I didn't feel satisfied in anything I was doing, and it just felt as though I was simply going through the motions of life. I look back over the past year, and it doesn't seem as though I've accomplished anything, let alone up to the level of completion I had in years past. In spite of that, I can still look over my life in the past year and see the favor of the Lord all over! What a joy that is to me!

Now, I can't go back through the last year and have a do-over. But I can make it a high priority to spend time with the Lord in order to find out what the His will is for my life and where my will intersects with His--wholeheartedly--there I will be satisfied and complete and walking out my calling! 
On Sunday, my pastor shared Colossians 3:23-24, which says:


Whatever we're passionate about, pursuing in life, having faith that the Lord will give us strength to complete, we need to do it until we are literally out of breath! And the Lord will reward us. Isn't that just the perfect ending to running our races?! The Father, Abba, Almighty God will reward us!

No matter what you think you missed, messed up, or lost control of, God will still use that for His good. Press in today to the heart of the Father! He knows the desires of your heart! He gave you the talents you have for a reason--USE THEM! 

What are you passionate about? I'd love for you to share!


Lyn~
Come for the friendship, stay for the journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment