Monday, February 6, 2023

Super Mom: The Empty Nest Season

When I started blog, Super Mom: The Illusion, 11 years ago, I had the intention of helping other homeschooling, Christian moms with weekly encouragement, educating moms about homeschooling and what that really looks like with a large family, engaging moms with other women in similar life situations, and, often, entertaining women with glimpses into everyday life.


My last two children graduated from high school in 2020, and with that our homeschooling journey came to an end. Coupled with the pandemic, lockdowns, a trucker husband who was an essential worker, our family contracting the virus, and everything else, my blogging took a backseat in life. We were faced with new opportunities, though, that, through prayer, we believe the Lord aligned in His perfect timing.



In August 2021, we sold our home of nearly 15 years. The only home our youngest three children really ever knew. The home we bought after my step-father passed away so that my mom wouldn't be alone. The home where we said goodbye to three of our dogs, where we celebrated 7 high school graduations, a college graduation, anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgivings, and Christmases. The home that all of our children came home to during military leave times and visits. The home with so many memories...

We began a new journey in Florida! After one home purchase fell through (through no fault of our own!), the Lord led us to the home we fell in love with and bought! It has everything on our "wish list," and we truly believe the Lord gave us "the desires of our hearts"! It's a smaller home with 3 bedrooms instead of six, but it is 20 years newer than our previous home in Colorado. LOL!

It's quiet here in our new home in the country. No children running around the house. No toys thrown all over the living room (well, there ARE dog toys EVERYWHERE!). No kids needing rides to work or school events. And it's in this moment that it's easy for me to wonder what life holds for me now.

I know that He works all things for good to those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose. I know that God has plans for me! Plans that will prosper me, plans for good, plans that will give me hope, a future, and an expected end! I know that for everything there is a season. And in this season, right now, right here, I'm not alone! 

So momma, if you're an empty-nester, know that this isn't the end of your story. There are so many things that await you in this new season! In the coming weeks, we'll discover how we can find our new purpose as mothers of adult children. We'll explore new opportunities for us in our church and communities. We'll see how our relationships with our husbands grow and change for the better. And most importantly, we'll strive to have a deeper relationship with the Lord.

I hope you'll come with me on this journey! And if you're not quite and "empty nester," I hope you'll join us so you can plan for this upcoming season! The Lord has so much in store for us! Don't be afraid to ask Him, "What's next, Lord?"


Lyn~

Come for the journey, stay for the friendship! 

No comments:

Post a Comment