Wednesday, February 8, 2023

It's Not Too Late to Choose Your One Word for the Year

Since 2013, I have started the year by choosing "One Word" to focus on. This word would guide my thoughts, actions, goals, and make my year more intentional. In 2020, just before the pandemic, I dislocated my toe, and I ended up having surgery. I lost track of the fact that I hadn't yet chosen my "One Word" for the year, and the year was pretty chaotic and a bit scattered. In 2021, before I realized again I hadn't chosen a word, we found ourselves with the opportunity to sell our house of 14 years and move to NE Florida. While last year or this year haven't been as chaotic as 2020 was, I still can see that my life, actions, and goals lacked direction that I had seen in previous years when I had my "One Word." 

So, I decided, even a month into the new year, I would choose a word for the year! Mamas, I want you to know that it's not too late! If you're trying to decide on a word, I want to encourage you to pray and ask the Lord to reveal a word to you. I'm guessing that you've already seen that word or heard that word popping up in your life so far. If you're having trouble focusing in on that One Word, the folks at Christian Planner have a One Word generator that can be helpful.

One Word from the Lord can change your life! Feel free to share your word, if you feel led to do so!

~Lyn

Come for the journey, stay for the friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment