Thursday, December 13, 2012

Speak LIFE!!

I am a Grammar addict!  I don't like when people use words incorrectly, and unfortunately, it goes along with not liking when people don't fully understand the meanings of words either.  We were each created with an innate need to be right.  But as Christians, we must discern when to stand up and make that assertion that says, "Look here!  What I'm saying is right, and what you're saying is, well...NOT!"  And we must know when it is best to hold our tongues.  

In the book of James3:3-5, it says, "A bit in the mouth of a horse controls the whole horse. A small rudder on a huge ship in the hands of a skilled captain sets a course in the face of the strongest winds. A word out of your mouth may seem of no account, but it can accomplish nearly anything—or destroy it!" (The Message)


This is HUGE!  When we consider that we can accomplish anything we say, because it's seed we are sowing into our lives, we get excited at the possibilities!  But then, I personally am reminded of the times that I begin to say, "We can't afford that.  We don't have any money."  Or when I begin to second guess one of MY books being published because I've let Satan tell me lies about them, and then I start to agree with what Satan is saying!  I have to consciously stop myself from saying those things and replace them with words of encouragement that empower me to continue writing...start saying what the WORD says about me and my gifts and talents!!  I have to dig up that rotten seed I just sowed into the destruction of what God has predestined me for with writing.

Once I set my mind to agree with the Scripture, I can't go back and say, "Well, that's not what my bank account says" or "that's not how I'm feeling today."  Even if my bank account doesn't agree with what God says (He said He shall supply ALL my needs according to HIS riches by Christ Jesus!) or my body aches don't agree with what the Word says (His Word says that by Jesus' stripes I AM healed!), I have to make a decision of whose words I'm going to agree with!  We walk by faith in God, not by what our natural circumstances seem to dictate to us!  
Praise the Lord, we don't have to live according to this world!!
 Am I going to agree with the one who caused the sickness, caused the lack, caused the relationship to be destroyed, and orchestrates the killing, destroying and stealing of my personal health, wealth, and relationships?  
Or am I going to agree with the one who said He WILL supply my needs, He HAS bore all my sickness and diseases, He is the giver of life, and He HAS redeemed me from the curse of the Law?  

For my husband and I, the choice is clear, but we do have to stay on top of what we are saying about our finances, our relationships, our health.  May these verses encourage you and remind you that your Father in Heaven gives you a choice over your life...



Deuteronomy 30:19-20:
19This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live 20and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Proverbs 18:21:
Life and death are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it shall eat the fruit thereof. 

Joshua 24:15 (paraphrased):

"And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve... But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”


No comments:

Post a Comment