Monday, April 10, 2017

We Were NOT Meant to Live in Lack

Leaning on the Lord in All Things

MY God shall supply ALL my needs according to HIS riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19)

This morning I was looking at our bank account. My husband just received his paycheck via direct deposit, but it wasn't as much as we were expecting. We haven't spent money on Christmas presents or been lax in the handling of our finances, but we haven't exactly been prudent about it either. The pay is not enough to cover our bills for the next two weeks. We need God to show up in a big way and provide for us. But when our bank accounts don't match what our needs are, we have two choices:

Freak out and try to figure out what WE can do.
OR
Praise God for taking care of us and meeting every need.

Yes, there are consequences for our foolish handling of our provision. Yet He desires us to be dependent on Him and to run to Him rather than trying to do it all with our own power. It says in the Word that without God, we can do nothing (John 15:5). One move by Almighty God can turn a situation around for our good and His glory in an instant! Your current circumstance is subject to change! We don't have to sit in self-pity shaming ourselves for the errors we've made. No good will come from that! Instead we can praise Him--at ALL times--in every situation, good or bad.

Your first reaction reveals your heart. Like Paul said, "The good I want to do, I do not do; but the evil I do not want to do, that [is what] I end up doing...I thank God--through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin." (Romans 7: 19 and 25).
We are at a constant battle, a warring within ourselves to do the will of the Father, but turning towards the will of the flesh. The good news is, you don't have to fight that battle alone! God will fight for you! Put first things first and seek HIM first in any situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment