Friday, September 25, 2015

Friday 'Fess Up

This week has been busy, but good. I've enjoyed sleeping again since taking care of my mom following her knee replacement surgery. It has actually been my pleasure to take care of her! But that's not my confession today.

My confession is that today when my sister asked me if I had heard back about a job I had interviewed for, I had to tell her that I had honestly forgotten about the job! That made me stop and think a little bit. If the job had been important to me, would I have remembered I was waiting to hear back about it? Was I just too wrapped up in the duties of the week to remember? Or is it not part of God's plan for my life right now so He removed it from my mind already filled with tasks?

I really don't have the answer. But I do know that if it's something I'm supposed to do, I'm going to be thinking about it. I'm going to be looking at everything I can do to impress on those who do the hiring process to "pick me!" But I'm not doing that. I confess that while taking care of my mother this week and losing sleep shocked me and for a brief amount of time made me a bit angry, but I'm so glad to be a part of seeing her getting better and better everyday!

Maybe you're rushing to get back into the workforce after having children. Maybe you are looking forward to the time when your children go off to school. But don't be too eager to move on to the next phase of your life. Enjoy where you're at now.

Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment