Monday, September 21, 2015

Not My Power, Lord, But Yours

For the past few days I have been stretched thin, more than I ever have before, even with raising eight children. I got a total of 4 hours sleep last night, and, in the process, I cleaned the kitchen at 3:30 a.m. I have dreams that interrupt my sleep and cause me to not be able to fall back to sleep so easily. It has been a battle for me because as much as I want to help, I can't do it in my own strength. 

The Word says: "He gives power to the faint and weary, and to him who has no might He increases strength, causing it to multiply and making it to abound (Isaiah 40:29, Amplified). So no matter how tired I become, how in a fog I am going through daily tasks, or how much I think I should just throw in the towel, I know that He will give me the strength I need to finish this particular race! 


If you are like me, you need to be reminded of that regularly. You know, we can accomplish what we're given to do each and every day! We can run this race, tired and exhausted and ready to give up! We can complete the thing that He has called us to in this season in our lives! 

Don't give up!!

Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment