Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Homeschool Hump Day Encouragement

This week, my mother had knee replacement surgery. It was a great opportunity to explain to my kids just why the surgery was needed, what happens during the surgery and how we can believe God for healing no matter where our faith is, meaning believing Him for healing, the surgery to be a tool in our healing, etc.

My children were able to visit a different environment than our schooling environment and it exposed them to possible future careers. One thing I am a proponent of doing is allowing kids explore the "what if" of learning. What if my son was captivated by the physical therapist's role in health care? What if my daughter decided clown ministry at the hospital is something that she would like to learn about? What if the smells at the hospital turned my other son's stomach? And the "what ifs" are endless.

Next time a relative has surgery or a friend's son enlists in the military or you check out your local grocery store think of the learning opportunities and teachable moments that are present. It will open your child's mind to the possibilities in life!

Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment