Friday, March 11, 2016

Friday 'Fess Up

About six months ago, I began listening to Terri Savelle Foy speak about gratitude. Having gratitude and being grateful is such a rewarding thing for us to do. I believe we appreciate the things we have, the answered prayers, and the blessings the Lord has given us more when we take a moment to recognize and acknowledge those things.
As you may know from reading my blog over the past few weeks, our three Chihuahua puppies contracted Parvovirus, an often fatal intestinal virus for dogs. We prayed and were able to give the two surviving puppies home treatments thanks to my former Navy K9 handler son and my own IV experience as a former EMT. We were able to save those puppies and my confession today is that without the blessings of the Lord saving these sweet canine companions, they might not be here today. I am so grateful for His love for me and compassion as my other sons and I tirelessly poured into the care of our beloved dogs.
You might be shaking your head right now thinking, "I can't believe she thinks God saved those puppies or that she would even PRAY for an animal!" Well, I believe that God gave us animals for a reason and they have a purpose in our lives. He often makes reference to animals in His Word, so I beleive they are significant to Him and therefore they are given time in the prayer time of me and my family.


Regardless of your stance on this particular topic, I'd like to ask you what you're grateful for today. Have you expressed gratitude to your friends and family, no matter how large or small the gift, time, or action given to you? What can you thank someone for today? How can you share the Lord gratitude for His blessings, favor, love, or answers to prayer?

Feel free to share, if you'd like!


Have a blessed and grateful weekend!!


Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment