Monday, March 7, 2016

What Are You Expecting?

When I was pregnant with each of my children, I expected to have a baby. And I did! When I planted tomato plants, I expected to one day harvest tomatoes. And I did! When I took a position as an editor of a magazine, I expected to edit articles and produce an edition of the magazine. And I did! But something happens when we pray for certain things in our lives. We pray, sure. But were aren't necessarily expecting the answers to come or likely don't really know the answer we truly desire. Our expectations are not defined, so we don't see anything happening.

Throughout the Word the Lord points out that we should have expectations in life. We should expect the favor of the Lord, we should expect answers to prayers (Luke 11), we should expect the Lord's plans for us to be better than our own plans (Jeremiah 29:11), we should expect to lay hands on the sick and for them to be healed (Mark 16:18), we should expect angelic visitations (Hebrews 13:2), and we should expect visitations, manifestations, and demonstrations of the Lord and His power!

This week, I would like to encourage you to expect things of the Lord. In Luke 11:9-10 Jesus tells us:


John 16:24: Ask,and you will receive, that your joy may be full!!

Lyn~



No comments:

Post a Comment