Thursday, March 10, 2016

Homeschool Hump Day Encouragement

When my older sons were schooling, we had purchased a particular homeschool curriculum for them to use. My oldest son thrived on the new material, but he needed silence in order to do his work. My next son preferred to have background noise in order to do his school, but he was not as engaged with the new curriculum as the older son. At the time, I felt as though I was stuck and had to stick with what we had chosen, partly because I wanted to make sure I got my money's worth out of using it. I was wrong.
You see, as homeschoolers we are at liberty to change and adapt our schooling and even our curricula to fit the needs and learning styles of our children! We don't have to stick with something just because. As far as the financial aspect of changing curricula, there are MANY new online, free options as well as options for worksheets and printables in order to make sure our children are learning the necessary skills they need for each grade level.
I want to encourage you this week to take time out of your homeschooling year and evaluate how things are going not only for you but for your student as well. Is he or she struggling? Are they not engaging as much as you would like them to or as much as they once had? Perhaps a change is in order.
Some of my favorite free websites are:

http://www.freehomeschooling101.net/
abcteach.com
mathfactcafe.com
crayola.com

What are your favorite FREE websites for homeschoolers? Maybe your favorite will become someone else's foundation for their homeschooling journey!


Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment