Friday, July 1, 2016

Friday 'Fess Up

This holiday weekend has been on my mind. My husband and I are going to take or three youngest kids to Nebraska to visit our second oldest son, daughter-in-love, and our two grandsons. I have been so eager to see them since I know the babies are growing so fast. I haven't seen them in four months, even though we only live a few hours away. We have a special surprise for our three youngest children, too. And since they don't read my blog, I can safely let you know what that surprise is! We are taking the kids to Mount Rushmore...and we're bringing my grandsons with us!

I remember when I was a young child, I never took trips with my grandparents, although I always longed for that as I would listen to the stories of my classmates who had spent the summer with grandparents or took a trip somewhere with just their grandparents and not their parents. I always wanted to be able to say I had done that, too. But those times never came. I did go on a short road trip with my grandparents, my sister, and my mom to Disney World one year. We lived there and it was a mere three hour drive; not the lengthy trips I had for.

My own children have gone on trips a few hours away with my mom and stepdad, and I'm so glad they have those memories, especially since my stepdad passed away in 2006.

So my confession is that I want to do everything I can to make memories with my grandchildren, even at their young ages, so that they won't wonder what a trip with just the grandparents might have been like or wish they had spent more time with their grandparents.

My husband and I have determined that, with their parents permission, when each of our grandchildren turns 5 and again 10 years old, we will take them to Disney World! It's all about making memories and being there for them.

What will you do with your children and grandchildren to make memories?

Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment