Monday, July 31, 2017

Is Your Eye on the Prize?

If you've been reading my blog for any amount of time, you know that I love vision boards! They are, I believe, an integral component to us realizing our dreams and goals AND accomplishing them. Imagine for a moment, that I were setting out to take a road trip. For many of you, that's not difficult to imagine. I LOVE road trips! Okay, so I get in my van, gas tank is full, and I head out of the neighborhood. I then leave town, and eventually, I'm on the interstate, and I'm going. Do you see any issues with this? Let's see if we can find some...

First, while I have a full gas tank now, I can only go as far as that tank will take me, right? I mean, I didn't say I brought so much money for gas, so it's safe to say, I don't have anything more than the gas already in there. How far will that take me? From Colorado, probably to Goodland, Kansas; Chadron, Nebraska; Casper, Wyoming; or Trinidad, Colorado. Suppose I set out for California or even Kentucky. Will what I have now get me there? Of course not. We must plan for the trip, right? Think of the bridesmaids who were waiting for the groom to come and had their lamps full. They were ready and had enough for the "trip" as it were (Matthew 25:1-10, NLT). We must bring enough for the wait or the trip or we might miss it!

Next, though I do have a cell phone, I don't have a map on this fictitious trip. And worse than that, I don't actually have a clear idea of where I am going in the first place. Proverbs 3, 14, and 23 and Psalms tell us that we need to follow the path of the Lord:


Finally, no one knows my plans--not even ME! I cannot realistically jump into my van and drive away taking whatever may come. No, that would be irresponsible. And God doesn't want us to do that either. He wants to be the one to tell us where we are going, how we will be going, and most importantly, WHEN we will be going. This is why our vision boards are so very important to our lives.

We must have a clear vision for what we are doing or we are really of little use to our local ministry or ourselves. How can we lead if we don't have direction?

Keep your eye on the prize that God gave you the vision for! You will accomplish it! How do I know? Because He said that everything we put our hands to would prosper!!

Have a blessed week!


Lyn~



No comments:

Post a Comment