Monday, July 24, 2017

What Kind of Runner Are You?

Running has not been my "thing." I would probably have a t-shirt that says, "I don't run and if you see me running, you should probably run, too, because something is probably chasing me!" But as I was studying my Bible school book, "The Challenge," I realized something that will probably shock those who know me. I...AM a runner! 

I'll explain that in a minute, but first, I want to talk about the different kinds of runners. 
First, there are the traditional runners. They are the ones who wake up in the morning and go for a morning run and come home from work and run again. I am not that kind of runner! 
Next, there are those who run from situations, issues, problems, and trouble. They get so overwhelmed by all of it, that the only solution is to run and leave the problem behind. The trouble with this kind of runner is that the thing they are running from usually follows. This runner runs to excuses, but is never at fault. I am not that kind of a runner (though I used to be). 
Then, there is the person who runs toward danger only to help someone in need, like police and firefighters. They constantly think of the well-being of others ahead of themselves even to the point of putting themselves in danger if it means saving someone else. I like to think I am that kind of runner, but I've never been in a dangerous situation to know for sure. For now, I am not that kind of runner. 
At this point, you are probably thinking, "What kind of runner is she talking about if she isn't any of the ones she's mentioned so far?!" Well, there is one more I'd like to talk about. I am a vision runner! I am the kind of runner who gets a vision and runs toward it! I am running toward all that the Lord has shown me to do with a zeal! I see what He has planned for me, and I want it! I want it ALL! The trouble for me comes when I see all the things and want them all--right now! 

Everything He has planned for me and for you isn't necessarily going to come to fruition immediately, though, and certainly not necessarily at the same time. I often get so excited about the prospect of all I have vision for that my wild horses run, well, WILD! And the only way to deal with that is to rein them in...through prayer. When we get a vision for something, we have to be sure we are seeking the Lord in it all first! Then, and this is a tough pill to swallow, we have to be okay with Him leading us away from one of those things--for NOW! He doesn't give us a vision for something and then take it away. Remember, He is not a man that He should lie nor a son of man that he should change his mind (Numbers 23:19). If He gave you a dream or vision, you can be sure He has a purpose for that! Our job is to be patient and do what He has shown us to do in due season.


What kind of runner are you? Are you running from problems or running toward the vision God has given you? Keep the vision in front of you, seek the Lord, and you'll find out in what direction you're running!


Have a great week!

Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment