Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Where Are You Running?

I have never been a runner. My best friend and I joke that I don't run and if you see me running, you should run, too, because something is probably chasing me! But all joking aside, I started thinking about how in the past, when circumstances were closing in on me, I began to run. I ran from the situation, ran from the responsibilities, and worse...I ran from God. But that is the opposite of what He wants us to do. Let's look at David, when he was just a boy...

Let me paint the picture of David and Goliath for you. See, no one would face Goliath. He was huge and even mighty men in Saul's armies were afraid to take him on. But David had faith in the Lord. Here's what David did when Goliath finally agreed to fight him. Goliath wasn't sure David was serious, at first, because he was just a boy. But then David did something none of the other men had done!


When was the last time you ran TOWARD your situations and circumstances? I can't say when that was for me. But I pray that I would face challenges and trials just as David did, by running toward them with faith that the Lord would fight my battles for me! 

Have a blessed week!


Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment