Monday, March 11, 2019

Self-imposed Curse

A little over a year ago, I began a wonderful weight loss journey! I've learned many things about choosing healthier options in food to the importance of moving or working out regularly. On this journey, however, I struggled with meeting a goal I had set for myself. I'm all about creating goals or deadlines and rewarding yourself for the progress you've made toward achieving goals, so this was big for me. The trouble began for me, though, when I failed to meet that goal.

As many of you know, I am a frequent listener and reader of books by the late Derek Prince. In his book, "Blessing or Curse: You Can Choose," he talks about self-imposed curses, things we speak but don't realize the power our words have. Well, when I failed to meet that goal, I also failed to get the reward I had promised myself. What I didn't realize until recently was that I had actually released a sort of curse over my life. 
I had agreed that once I met this particular goal I would get a haircut. You may think that is such a little thing, but oh! The affect this choice has had on my life in the last year! A little background for you...
I prefer my hair short. Some may say 'short and sassy,' even, but it's just the look I've preferred for years now. Well, when I set the goal, I expected I would be getting my hair cut in a couple of months. That turned into over a year now. And what has also transpired is that I have lost the motivation to ever accomplish that one portion of my overall goal. I changed the approach to my health and fitness journey in an attempt to jump start my passion again, but lost valuable support along the way. On top of that, I've gained back the weight I had lost! All of this, I believe, is because of the decision in January 2018 to not cut my hair until I reached that goal.

Friends, if you've made a decision like this or any decision that you feel has begun to hold you back I have good news for you! You can stop, change your mind, and get back on the right track once again. You can break that thing that is holding you captive or in bondage! 

Pray this prayer with me:

"Lord Jesus, I believe that on the cross You took on Yourself every curse that could ever come upon me. So I ask You now to release me from every curse over my life--in Your name, Lord Jesus Christ! By faith, I now receive my release and I thank You for it!" (Prayer by Derek Prince, "Blessing or Curse: You Can Choose")

Believe you have received and walk in the blessing of the Lord!


~Lyn
Come for the journey, stay for the friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment