Friday, July 3, 2015

Friday 'Fess Up

This week's 'Fess Up has to do with the events over the past week or so that have forever changed our country. My confession is that, while some events angered me and others broke my heart for the needless act that took place, I held my tongue. That might not seem like much of a confession for some of you, but for me, I'm usually up for a good, hearty debate! 

But that wasn't what was needed in any of the cases of the week. What was needed was a battle in the spiritual realm, spiritual warfare. This week, I prayed more than I opened mouth and touted others for how wrong their views were. This week, I lifted up those who were lost, hurting, looking for something to complete them. This week, I opened the door for the Lord to act on His Word. This week, I prayed and didn't argue or debate those who had differing views than mine. I gave it to God. All my frustration, disappointment, sorrow, and grief I lay at His feet. 


God is in control, and no matter what the situation, He works all things together for good to those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose! Nothing that has happened or will happen has taken Him by surprise. Have faith that He who began a good work in you will see it to completion, no matter what is going on around you, in your state, the nation or the world.

Have a blessed Independence Day, my American readers!!




Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment