Monday, July 6, 2015

One Word Check Up

For those of you who are new to this blog, every year I choose a word to help focus and direct my year. In previous years I've chosen the words IMAGINE and INTENTIONAL. This year, I chose the word PURSUE.
 This word, pursue, is intended to keep me focused on pursuing my relationship with Jesus first. It says in the Scripture: Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need (Matthew 6:33, NLT). Pursuing the Lord for me has been more like a road trip. I'll be pursuing Him and going along, then a distraction comes and I'm off in some little out of the way store looking at clothes or a sculpture (figuratively speaking, of course!) losing sight of the fact that I had only a short while before been in pursuit! Oh,I read a daily devotion. But that's more like a commute to work than a pursuit, do you know what I mean? (I hope these examples are some you can relate to!)

In addition to me choosing "One Word" for the year, I also ask my readers to do that. Some have written me and have chosen words like: 


In this One Word check-up, I'd like to know what word you chose for the year. How are you doing with staying focused? If you haven't chosen a word for the year yet, it's not too late!! Do it today, prayerfully, and see what God has in store for you this year!

Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment