Friday, August 7, 2015

Friday 'Fess Up

My confession today is not one I would ever hope to be admitting. But on Monday, I was in a car accident...and it was my fault.

You see, I work with a youth organization on Monday nights and my husband is often leaving for work as I come home. I was hurrying to home to see him before he left. I was also on the phone with my older son who was in another car just ahead of us. I got distracted and ran a red light crashing into a turning vehicle. Praise God, no one was hurt!

The past several days I've been reflecting on how many "wrecks" I've gotten myself into by being distracted from God. How often have I been spared by the Lord because He has a purpose and plan that I have yet to fulfill?

Today, I want to encourage you to take time and make time for God. Don't let the things of this world distract you and cause you to wreck in life. Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness,  and all the things you need will be added to you (Matthew 6:33, NKJV).

No comments:

Post a Comment