Monday, January 25, 2016

Are You Keeping You From Achieving Your Vision?

Now that we are almost done with the first month of the new year, and we have created our vision boards, what have we accomplished? Are we moving forward and toward accomplishing our goals? Are our words aligning with the Word of God when we speak about our vision? Or are we subconsciously sabotaging those visions?

When I first began creating my vision board in 2012, I looked at some of the things on my board and thought, "Why did I put that on there? I'll never accomplish that." And you know what? I didn't! But those things that I focused on and chose to work toward, those were the things that I actually achieved!

I've mentioned the story of the man walking on the beach who simply uttered the words, "I could never imagine..." and the Lord told him he would never have that house because the man indeed couldn't imagine owning that home. Stop and think about what you've been saying about your visions. Are you trying to figure out how you can achieve it yourself? Maybe you're mentally trying to work out the finances of owning your own business or the amount of time involved to write a book or even all that you would need to do in order to go on a short term missions trip. Well, let me encourage you with this: STOP TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT!

God gave you that dream, vision, and goal! If He gives it to you, doesn't it make sense that He would equip you to achieve it?! So, why are we still trying to do it on our own? Plus, He totally knows us. He knows if we can accomplish that goal on our own, we risk the possibility of boasting in our good works.

Next time you catch yourself saying something negative about your vision, even something like, "I can't afford that!", STOP! Replace those words with what the Lord says.




Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment