Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year!

This is one of my favorite times of the year--the first week of a new year! New dreams, goals, visions, and achievements await and all we have to do is imagine. One of the first things I do in the New Year is to choose my "One Word" to help keep me focused on the things the Lord has for me this year.

This year the Lord has impressed on me to just be myself, just be "me"! I am not one person in this group, another type of person in another social setting, and still another at church. I don't try to emulate other people or act like others. I simply am me.

So this year, the word I chose as my "One Word" is: GENUINE. The what-you-see-is-what-you-get type of gal. I have dreams, goals, and ambitions that I want to accomplish, but I don't want any of it if it's not part of God's plan and will for my life. I thrive on achievement. I often say that I am goal-oriented and awards-motivated! If it's shiny and blingy and I get a prize, I want it. But again, I don't want it if that isn't what God has for me.

This year as you think about what you want to accomplish and achieve, I encourage you to choose a word to help you focus on your dreams, goals, and vision for the New Year.
If you don't know where to start or can't think of a word, pray about it. Ask God to show you where and what He wants you to focus on this year. It can be almost any word that reminds you where you're going and what you're aiming to do this year.

If you do choose your "One Word," please share it with us!



Blessings!

Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment