Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Homeschool Hump Day Encouragement

Many homeschoolers have more than one child. And I am frequently asked, "When should I start schooling my younger children?" The answer is, NOW!

When my children were younger, I often taught the bigger kids a subject or topic and had the little ones sit in on the teaching. If you think back to when we were in school, we learned a topic, like facts about the pilgrims and as our time in school increased, we built on what we had been taught in previous years. This is the same concept. I refer to this as a one-room schoolhouse.

In a one-room schoolhouse of the past, the younger children remained in the classroom while the teacher taught math concepts, science, English, etc. and the younger children read quietly or worked on their own mathematics. This is similar to how we can teach our children all together.

For those of you who have more than two children, what ways have you found to incorporate schooling with younger children?


Remember, Homeschooling Mama, you CAN do this!!


Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment