Monday, May 16, 2016

Getting Back to Basics of Your Faith

This weekend I was thinking about how many variations of Christianity there are. I thought about how some belief this aspect or that and how we argue and disagree about those things. In reality, we're all on the same team, and it's time we started acting like it. The bottom line is, we love Jesus and we acknowledge him as our Lord and Savior, so why are we always fighting and one-upping our fellow Christians?!

That's when I began thinking that it's time to get back to the basics of my faith. What do I believe? Why? Well, I believe that Jesus is the only Son of God, He is an intercessor on my behalf to the Father, and that He was crucified, died, and was buried and on the 3rd day, he rose again. He went to Hell and defeated Satan once and for all, and traded my lack, sin, shame, sickness, disease, and guilt for his provision, prosperity, health, and salvation.

We don't need to argue and fight and be petty over the legalistic aspects of our individual faith! We simply need to remember the basics of what we believe. Listen to the Christian singers and groups that first captured your heart and passion when your first accepted Jesus. Get back into your daily prayer life like you did when you first became a believer. Attend church meetings throughout the week like you did when you first surrendered to God. And surround yourself with others who are just as passionate about God as you are. Get back to your beginnings and your first love--Jesus!

Here's a reminder of what the Bible says:

Pray this prayer to dedicate or rededicate your life to God:

Father God, I believe that Jesus died on the cross for me and rose again.
I give You my life. I want Jesus Christ to come into my life and into my heart.
Amen.

If you prayed that prayer for the first time or rededicated your life to Jesus, let us know so we can celebrate with you! Praise the Lord!!


Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment