- Have you seen yourself moving more toward that word?
- Has that word become more a part of who you are?
- Is it pleasant or difficult to see or hear your word?
- Have you thought about changing your word?
- Are there things you can see the Lord showing you about yourself and your word?
- Are those things expected, pleasant, or things that upset you?
Remember, the Word of God is like a mirror revealing who we really are. So if you are uneasy or it isn't pleasant to see or hear that word, pray, repent, and look for opportunities to move in ways that point you more toward that word and toward the Lord.
For me, I have been more transparent in my own life when talking with others. I think I see genuine as honest, truthful, not fake, and a more what-you-see-is-what-you-get kind of character. I believe I am doing that! I say what I mean and mean what I say, and I give compliments in an honest manner. A new feat for me is thinking before I speak. While I do mean what I say and say what I mean, sometimes, it's best NOT to say anything! And it's a trait I'm working on with being more genuine.
How about you? How is your One Word going so far this year? Have you not chosen One Word yet for the year? Let me know your word and I'll create an image of it for you!
We'd love to have you share your One Word and your progress!