Thursday, April 12, 2012

Letting go is a sign of strength...

I recently read the saying, "Letting go is a sign of strength, not weakness."  I have thought about this saying a lot over the past few days.  As a mother, when my children have grown up and moved out of our house, I have had to let them go.  I saw my mother faced with letting go of her husband as he passed away suddenly and unexpectedly.  I have watched people I love and care for have to let go of a spouse through divorce. 
Though these are negative aspects of letting go, I believe there are also times of letting go that serve to strengthen us and make us better people!  When we let go of a certain situation and fully give it to God and put it in His hands, there is a positive connotation associated with it.  "Let go, and let God!"  Giving everything to God, shows our strength in handing the situation, the loneliness, the abandon feelings over to Him and allowing all those negative feelings to fall away...

No comments:

Post a Comment