Thursday, November 14, 2013

What Am I Supposed to Do?

Indentifying Your Purpose and Calling in Life

I used to listen to people who had found their calling in life and knew what God had planned for their lives. I remember wishing I were in their shoes; that I knew for sure what I was made to do. Several years ago, our pastor said that finding out what our calling is, what we were made to do in this life for the Kingdom of God, meant idnetifying that thing you enjoy doing that even if you didn't get paid to do it, you would still do it. 
Here's a list of what you can do to focus in on your purpose:
  • What do you enjoy doing? Go ahead and make a list.  
  • Now, of those things you listed, which ones could you make money doing?
  • Which ones are you passionate about?
  • Which ones would be willing to do even if you didn't make that money?
  • Which ones could help you reach those who haven't heard the Gospel?
  • Which ones are left? Those are the things that are a part of your calling, your assignment in life!
If this list helps you find your calling, let me know. If you want to share how the Lord guided you to your calling, I'd like to know that, too. 

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment