Monday, November 4, 2013

Why Focus on 21 Days of Thankfulness?

Praising God for All His Blessings

(C) sohp.com

Every year on Facebook, I see many of my friends posting 21 days of thankfulness starting on November 1st and going until Thanksgiving.  Some post daily, some play catch-up after missing several days of posts.  I personally don't participate in this annual event, but the question did cross my mind:  why do we focus on just the 21 or so days before Thanksgiving to list all that we are thankful to the Lord for in our lives?  The Bible reminds us that in everything we should give thanks for that is the will of God in Christ Jesus for us!  Certainly in one year, we could list many more things than just those twenty-one!
(C) struggletovictory.com
My challenge to you is to consider the favor, the blessings, and the many things you are thankful to God for over the course of a year.  I am going to take this challenge, too, because it doesn't make sense for me to challenge you and sit back and watch when there are lots of things I am thankful for, too.
Starting in January, let's plan to meet each week and post those things we are thankful for, those times when the favor of the Lord was clearly on our lives, and those blessings He has poured out that we don't deserve.

Tomorrow, we continue our Five Weeks of Preparing for the Holidays!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment