Friday, December 13, 2013

Cast Off ALL Fear!




It's Time to Step Out of Your Comfort Zone

     My daughter loves to perform...as long as she has the rest of her theatre company behind her. After talking one day, she said she thought she could do a solo and that it was time to step out of her comfort zone. WOW! How right she was!
     That started me thinking about how often I'm unwilling to step out and try something new. Our church sound team member could not be there last Sunday and I was already scheduled to do the overheads. Our head sound team coordinator (who is also on the Worship team so he couldn't do both that day!) asked me if I could tweak somethings if it became necessary. I had never fiddled or fumbled with the sound board before. I was comfortable doing overheads since I've been in that role for 10 years off and on. But as a lifelong learner, I accepted that challenge! It was great...well, it was good to learn some new things, but it wasn't all that great. How many times have I let fear of screwing up determine if I would even try or even take one small step out of my own comfort zone?
     Well, we really don't have to stay there. We can leave that comfort zone and push beyond our fears. After all, what would have been the worse thing that happened if I hadn't remembered to unmute a microphone? What would have happened if my daughter messed up on the words to her song? Really? Nothing more than I would have flipped the button a bit later than I was expected to and my daughter would have kept right on singing. We would have stumbled through and done it--Completed what we set out to accomplish.
     Do you want to remain in a comfortable life or do you want to make progress and keep growing? The number one enemy to your success is FEAR! The definition of fear is: flight or to run away from.
Insecurities are rooted in fear. Rejection, low self esteem, and pride are even rooted in fear. Fear is activating Satan's power in your life. 
     Release your FAITH in the things you're trying and trusting God for. You can't be full of faith and full of fear at the same time. Romans 10:17 says "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God." If you entertain thoughts of failing, you are no longer living by faith. You can remind yourself each time you get ready to do something new, "I am releasing the power of God by fath in doing this!"
Isaiah 41:10 "Fear not, there is nothing to fear. I will strengthen you and harden you to difficulties."
     Practice how to overcome your fear with faith!



Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment