Tuesday, December 24, 2013

TIP TUESDAY (a bit late in the day!)...

Remembering the Reason for the Season


There was a time, not too long ago, that I struggled with celebrating Christmas. It wasn't that I didn't love Jesus or that I didn't want to get in the mood of the Christmas Spirit. I just couldn't get out of the dark place I had allowed myself to go. I couldn't wait for Christmas to be over! It was the worst holiday for me often because we weren't able to get gifts for our children.
During those bad years, we followed our traditions of getting a real tree, going to Christmas Eve candlelight service, and driving around looking at lights afterward. But on December 26th, I would promptly pack up all the decorations, pull the lights off the tree and have one of my sons help me haul the tree out of the house. The rest of the decorations we had put up around the house were soon packed and put away, too. I just wanted to move on to the New Year and be done.
A few years ago, I prayed to overcome that state of depression and the Lord delivered me. Now, I make it a point every year to focus on celebrating the birth of my Lord and Savior, Jesus.
The tip for today is, no matter where you are in your relationships, in your finances, in your haves and have-nots, don't forget why we have this wonderful time of year!

Jesus is the reason for the season!
Keep Christ in Christmas!

Blessings and Merry Christmas!!




No comments:

Post a Comment