Friday, February 6, 2015

Friday 'Fess Up

I know many young moms get overwhelmed, exhausted and stressed hearing little ones constantly calling "Mama!" But my confession this week is that I still love to hear my children call me mama. My older sons are the ones who really get me. In a day and age where it's more accepted to call your mother "mom" or even "ma," it still warms my heart in a way I can't explain to hear them utter "mama." There have been many months when they have simply called me "mom" and there's nothing wrong with that by any means. Don't misunderstand me. There is something more sweet and precious about the name "mama." It's a love-filled name and one that expresses their feelings toward me in a way "mom" just doesn't. It's a sweet, sweet sound to me. And that is just the way I interpret the words. What names do your children call you that are sweet sounds to your ears.

So when the younger children are calling for you for the one hundredth time, they're pouring chocolate syrup on the couch or just want you to hold them and they call to you with that name that melts your heart, treasure it and store up the moment knowing that they will call on you even when they are older.

Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment